Monday, June 13, 2011

Night and Light

street lights: 6/6/11; Rexburg, ID; 10 PM f 10; 10 sec; Nikon D3000

My friend was driving I was testing the camera to make sure I knew what I was doing. I ended up liking the tests better than after I knew what I was doing. It was a green light and there was a couple cars in front of us so I also picked up their tail lights as well as the normal street lights. I then just moved the camera in all directions. 

Break lights: 6/6/11; Rexburg, ID; 10 PM f 14; 10 sec; Nikon D3000

I did the same thing in this picture as the previous one but this time everybody in front of us was breaking so I captured a lot of red lights. I thought it was interesting how it showed the depth of field in the lights. All the red lights were further away because they were cars. But the White were the street lights that we were passing so they were closer to me. 


Desk: 6/12/11; Rexburg, ID; 10 PM f 4; 3 sec; Nikon D3000

I turned off all the lights and had to put a blanket over the window for the room to be dark enough. My roommate then took a flashlight and shined it on the lamp going in circles. She also swiped it across the desk a couple times to add the affect of the lamp being on. Since I wanted to get a higher angle I look our dining room chairs and stacked them on each other and rested the camera on them so I could hold it steady. 

Car lights: 6/12/11; Rexburg, ID; 10 PM f 14; 5 sec; Nikon D3000

I put the tripod on the sidewalk and waited for cars to pass by. It took a couple tries to get the shutter at a decent speed with the speed of the cars. Once I figured it out there weren't anymore cars so I only ended up with one. But I still like how it turned out. 

Sparklers: 6/12/11; Rexburg, ID; 11 PM f 4.5; 5 sec; Nikon D3000

I had my sister and roommate play with sparklers. Each of them had one in each hand. They were looking away from the camera so you would see less of their bodies because they were between the light source and the camera. I didn't want to crop it because I like how they were more to one side in this picture and that the moon. I feel like it adds a more interesting effect to it. To get this angle I had the tripod placed in the parking lot and I was far enough back that I could aim it upward. 
Flower Sparkler: 6/6/11; Rexburg, ID; 11 PM f 6.3; 8 sec; Nikon D3000

A couple of my friends were playing with the sparklers. I told them to do whatever I want, unlike my roommate and sister who both decided to just dance with them my friends made pictures. I had to crop this one out because the other half of the picture didn't look good at all. I'm glad that his body didn't turn up in this picture. In the others it looked like there were ten people because they moved around so much but slowly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment