Monday, June 20, 2011

Poster Images

orange tulips 18 x 24 5/7/11; 10 AM; Perry, UT; Canon EOS Digital Rebel Xsi; Macro Mode; f 4.5; 1/500
I first cropped out some of the rocks in the background. Then the focus was more just on the flowers. I brought out the blacks from the background so that there was more contrast with the flowers. I sharpened the background flowers then adjusted my levels to give it more vibrance. I chose the image because it felt like it was something most like I would put in my house. Orange is my favorite color so I liked the the tulips were orange. 
 
red tulip 18 x 24 5/7/11; 10 AM; Perry, UT; Canon EOS Digital Rebel Xsi; Macro Mode; f 4.5; 1/400
I was only able to crop some of the rocks out of this picture. When I sharpened or increased vibrance it made the picture look really fake. I liked how it wasn't edited at all because it looked so real and fresh. I didn't think flowers should look fake because they are an everyday thing. They aren't like people were we can airbrush their face to get rid of their flaws. All flowers have flaws and that is what is so unique about each one. 
 

With both of these images I was just learning how to work the camera. I went down to utah for the weekend and was playing with my friends camera. I was trying to figure out all the settings and how to change them. My friend had a lot of flowers outside her house so I was just testing the setting on the flowers and getting fun angles on them. The red tulips instantly became my favorite. I loved how vibrant they were and the angle and how infocus the red one was.

No comments:

Post a Comment