Monday, June 6, 2011

Scanography


interesting mistake: 6/5/11; 10PM; 200ppi; HP PhotoSmart C4700

I had already pressed scan but I thought I had a second or two before it started and I had realized that I forgot one of the perfume bottles so I took off the black fabric and moved things around and quick put the black back on. It only took me a few seconds. I was surprised to see the results of it. I thought it was super interesting because this bottle isn't the one that I thought would be the only one to show up. I also can't figure out what the lines are through the picture. But I thought it looked pretty interesting. 


Tacks: 6/5/11; 10PM; 200ppi; HP PhotoSmart C4700

I just dumped the tacks onto the scanner so that it looked more natural. I didn't place them in any certain order or configuration. I wanted them to all be going different ways so the best way was to just dump and scan. It helps for some tacks to be in better focus than others. To keep the black background I laid a black shirt over the top of them. 


Perfume: 6/5/11; 10PM; 200ppi; HP PhotoSmart C4700

I scanned in each bottle separately. I liked the affect that the black shirt I laid over them had. I didn't want to completely get rid of it. But to blend them together I knew I had to somewhat. So what I did was put them all into one Photoshop document as different layers. I gave them all a blending mode of lighten. I liked how it gave them more of a ghost look. I liked how with having the liquid in the bottles It really made for a different texture on the bottles. The thicker the bottle the more affect. I then just placed the bottles so they fit together. I had to keep in mind how the background would turn out. I had them rearranged but then the background had one section that was really dark and one that was pretty light. I just moved around until it was spread out through the whole thing. 






1 comment:

  1. The perfume bottles are just outstanding! This would be a great advertisement if you're trying to sell your perfume. I also really like your interesting mistake photo. Mistakes or shots that you don't expect are usually the best and yours is really cool. It also could be a great advertisement.

    ReplyDelete